Monday, March 22, 2010

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words

I was asked to select three photos of myself which I felt best described me. Well I found this task hard as I’m not one that enjoys putting myself out there. I’m pretty private and trust doesn’t come easily. However after much deliberation I decided to just let go and selected the pictures I felt “speak a thousand words” on who I am.



Family is what my life revolves around; they are the centre of who I am. My family has seen me through some rough patches and they’ve been there for the highlights. They’ve encouraged me to reach for that crazy dream of mine and they have been there to pick up the pieces when all has failed.

Nothing comes before my family and no one who has crossed one of them has “lived to tell the tale”. I know I’m never alone in this big world because I have family members who are my biggest fans, my best friends, my mentors and my confidants.

My parents have sacrificed so much for me, and who I am today, what I have achieved thus far is a tribute to the love and encouragement they have given me. My twin sisters have brought me much joy and much frustration as younger siblings do, but at the end I know they are always there loving and supporting me



When it comes to life, I have high expectations and I’m hard on myself, but I have clear goals and enough determination to achieve them. I believe all goals, big or small, are obtainable if they are kept realistic, broken down into bite size steps and if hard work is put into it.

I just keep my eye on the target, aim and let go of the arrow while ignoring the white space surrouding my goal as it tries to distract me. Take it from me, there is no better feeling than hitting that bull’s eye.



I am very fortunate to have found a job where I get to share my passion for children while simultaneously exploring my creative side through events as we fundraise for the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital. Little Yonela, in the picture above, is one of the many patients who has me wrapped around his little finger while also capturing my heart. Yonela and his fellow, brave patients are my daily reminder of what I have to be thankful for. I am by no way a saint but nothing comes close to the satisfaction and accomplishment I feel of knowing what I do helps these little patients go home to enjoy the childhood they deserve.

This is but a short introduction into who I am...

3 comments:

  1. The photo's are lovely, really liked the family one & the one with Yonela. A picture really can say a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone that knows you, great job, the pics depict you perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures...describes you to the T.

    ReplyDelete